Since 2001, CDG has led the effort to attract and retain a diverse group of individuals to share in fostering a community based on inclusion and equity. Our members include people from diverse parts of our community --- workers and retirees, businesses, educational institutions, government, social services --- representing a myriad of ethnicities, religions and perspectives.
Our goal as a non-profit coalition is to offer training, consulting, Women Empowerment Seminars, and a monthly updated calendar of diversity events. The focus of the training, which can be provided on-site, provides excellent customer service to diverse customers, and can be tailored to a specific business or industry. The 4-hour workshop is for every business owner, manager, and employee who wants to provide consistent, excellent service to each and every customer.
What We've Achieved
- Customer Service Training: Enhancing Excellence in Customer Services workshops & seminars
- Community Resource Flyer: Includes contacts for community organizations and minority owned/operated businesses
- Community Resource Fair: Partner with other organizations to showcase local resources from healthcare, fire and safety, licensing, entertainment and the arts to publications, libraries and pets
- Women's Cultural Empowerment Series: In partnership with AAUW, United Way, HRACC and others, provide educational and networking for women of all backgrounds
- Community Parties and Potlucks: Providing opportunities for people to dance and eat together at our fun-filled multicultural events