Since 2001, CDG has led the effort to attract and retain a diverse group of individuals to share in fostering a community based on inclusion and equity. Our members include people from diverse parts of our community --- workers and retirees, businesses, educational institutions, government, social services --- representing a myriad of ethnicities, religions and perspectives.
Our goal as a non-profit coalition is to offer training, consulting, Women Empowerment Seminars, and a monthly updated calendar of diversity events. The focus of training, which can be provided on-site, provides excellent customer service to diverse customers, and can be tailored to a specific business or industry. The 4-hour workshop is for every business owner, manager, and employee who wants to provide consistent, excellent service to each and every customer.
What We Do!
- Community Diversity Conference: Embracing and Implementing Inclusion: Day long conference with 200+ participants (Next Conference June 2019)
- Monthly Community Resource Guide: Includes contacts for community organizations and minority owned/operated businesses
- Cultural Corners: A partnership formed to hold Cultural Conversations and other community events to bring people together for in-depth sharing and understanding, celebration and friendship
- Customer Service Training: Enhancing Excellence in Customer Services workshops & seminars
- Community Resource Fair: Partner with other organizations to showcase local resources from healthcare, fire and safety, licensing, entertainment and the arts to publications, libraries and pets
- Cultural Empowerment of Women Luncheon Series: In partnership with AAUW, and United Way, the Borough of State College and others, provide educational and networking for women of all backgrounds
- Community Parties and Potlucks: Providing social networking opportunities for people to dance and eat together at our fun-filled multicultural events
Please contact us to be on our listserv and receive announcements of our future events!